The Hair Follicle Drug Test, A Bane For Marijuana Users

Since the legalization of marijuana in a lot of states in the US, people have been regularly using it. While the legalization is a step forward for this drug, there are still companies that do random drug tests during pre-employment for it. While your regular urine drug tests can easily be passed, there’s one drug test that strikes fear into a lot of cannabis users. It is the hair follicle drug test. This test is seemingly impossible to pass for a lot of cannabis users, even for the experienced ones.

hair follicle drug test

A lot of these users have tried many things, from homemade remedies to shaving off the hair on their head but to no avail. You might get a little slack if you’re taking the drug for medicinal purposes. But for those who use it for recreational purposes however, you might get into a bit of a problem, especially if you’re facing a hair follicle test. If you research enough though, you will find that it’s possible to get around the situation. There is but only one certain and easiest way to pass a hair drug test that has been tested and proven.

What is a hair follicle test exactly?

This specific drug test was originally proposed to be used to check people who are possibly using illegal drugs such as meth and cocaine. It can also be used however, to detect marijuana usage. But unlike regular cannabis drug tests where they look for traces of THC, with the hair follicle test, they don’t. They spice things up a bit by not looking for THC as people would suspect, but for a metabolite, namely THC-COOH. This would come as an unlikely surprise for those who are used to getting tested for cannabis regularly.

Only 1.5 inches from the root.

Yup, that’s all a lab needs to test you for marijuana usage. The lab will only need 1.5 inches of your hair from the root. And do you know what that 1.5 inch sample will tell them? It will show the lab your history of marijuana usage. How far back does it go? Well, it definitely won’t show them if you smoked pot 5 years ago. It only goes back for up to 90 days or roughly 3 months. While this doesn’t seem like much, it is definitely enough to make you pass or fail the exam. Have you forgotten that time you smoked at your friend’s house last 2 months ago?

Considering a haircut?

Even though you try and shave off the hair from your head, the lab can still get samples from your body hair. After all, they only need 1.5 inches. Not to mention that shaving off all the hair on yourself will just make you look more incriminating. Home remedies are also ineffective as well. There are no proven successful home remedies to hair follicle tests. There is but only one successfully documented way to pass this dreaded exam, which is the Macujo method.

This method involves detoxing your hair by using a mixture of chemical substances and hair follicle detox shampoo. A lot of cannabis users who have taken the follicle test can confirm the success that the Macujo method gave them. For all users that have been documented to get the test and use the Macujo method, there are around 90% who passed. The remaining 10% either didn’t do it correctly or were too high to understand the instructions.